Sunday, June 6, 2010

Step 2 - Day 54

Mood: Jubilant. Went on a spiritual retreat yesterday and felt reaffirmed in my awareness of myself as aligned with Higher Power's will at-all-times. That, in-fact, I am Higher Power, working through this life and individual will, to create serenity in all my actions. For the good of all.

Music: "Where was I?" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd. A ballad to Higher Power. "I've been standing in the spotlight, like a king without a crown. Where was I before you came around? Where would I be without you loving me? Higher Power is love.

Garden: Don't ask :)

Step 2-

"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

Can I know myself to be who I really am, without the reflection and reminding of who I really am by others? I am a facet of a great and glittering jewel. That jewel sees itself, reflected in itself, and reflects itself back to itself. Like a cosmic hall of mirrors, but not the scary kind :) I am reflecting something back to each person I meet. Whether what happens appears to be pain and distrust, or joy and love. It is an opportunity to affirm who I really am. Pain is as much a path and doorway to the shining face of Higher Power, as a close, and trusted friend. If not the most direct path.

This is the point I am trying to make. Everything in my experience is being presented to me by Higher Power. Everything is an opportunity to break down the resistance, and refute the insanity of the ego. When I do something harmful, it is just the reaction of my scared and fearful ego, trying to defend and protect itself. Attacking others is just one of those ways. Attacking myself is also another. When I trust that Higher Power is a force that can direct all action and activity in this life, then I am surrendering to the best of myself. The best I have to offer in any given situation.

Thanks for listening!

Keep coming back:)

No comments:

Post a Comment